Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bed Rest? What's That?

Today has been very tiring. Got the boy off to school, then had to go to the local apartment complex to sign Gia up for preschool. This is how the south thinks....I don't sit with the other Mom's who are all black and they assume I'm racist. I only wanted to sit outside because they were using the doors being open to cool the place off. I'm already like 106 degrees...lol. Then to make things worse, Gia is the only white girl there getting testing. They were looking at us like how dare you rich white people?! Seriously?? Hate to tell them that I used to live in that ghetto drug den for fifteen years. I'm no more special because my Mom got her stuff together and moved out, even if just don't the street. Don't want to live there? Get off your ass and move!

Since they are only taking twenty kids, Gia may or may not make the cut. If she doesn't there are a few programs locally, but she'll have to ride the bus twenty miles either way. Not sure I want to to do that. I won't be      able to drive her unless my car is fixed by then. It would really be a big help for me if she gets into some kind of program so I can take care of the new one.

Other news, last night Dylan tooth started to come down and bleeding. Which freaked up both out. I HATE blood, even my own. Every time I tried to pull it out it made this horrible popping noise. I couldn't deal. So thankfully, he came home from school with his tooth in a bag. YEAAAA. Mommy doesn't have to pull it out. I will certainly send a nice note to the teacher in the morning.

Tomorrow, I have a meeting at school to discuss Dylan going his last year (next year) for speech. It's been a long road, but I can remember just a few years ago when he could not talk, and now we can talk about anything. For a Mom, that's a great feeling. Thank goodness Gia will not have to have that surgery and ready to start school. Thursday, Dylan will walk to our park from school and go the annual easter egg hunt. I hope it is a fun time for him. We will do ours Sunday afternoon, after they come home from their Dad's. He called today to tell me that he can't get them Friday again because he has to work. They need more time with their father, but for some reason Gia will not go with him. I love my kids, but goodness do I need a small break. Even just for a night.

Might go to the country tomorrow night. Charles wants me to arrange the bedroom for the baby like I want it. I got to pack her a bag that he will bring. He's gotten the crib and new clothes for here there. I got what I need. Never used a crib, but I wouldn't mind having a bassinette. Would be nice, but she can always sleep with me. I think I better get one of those dorky baby straps and keep her on my person at all times so her older sister doesn't run off with her. lol.

I'm trying to just accept Charles for who he is. I'm not going to find a man I want here. I need at least keep some kind of peace for the new baby. It's going to be stressful time, but only if I allow it to be. I just fear that when it is time for me to come home, he'll want me to move out there. I simply can't take care of three kids and try to heal from childbirth. I will just pray it will be a happy time and so smoothly. More Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment