Monday, June 28, 2010

My Garden 2010

sunflower5

This year I planted my first garden. I really learned a lot of new things, and lessons. The most important lesson is that a full garden is an everyday job. You can let it go for more than a couple of days or you’ll have a jungle out there. This is one of my first sunflowers. The sunflowers actually did the best. I have one stall out there well up to ten feet. I can’t wait until it has a bloom. Most of my potted plants did do so well.  I now know that the wildflower seed packets are mostly grass. So, I will skip them next year. I love wildflowers, but there is not enough of them in the pack to make a pretty garden.

marigold1  Here is a picture of one of the marigolds. I planted them along with my hummingbird seed packets. I learned that this mixed cause all the bugs you hate around your vegetable. We have many bushes up to twenty feet high that are causing the same problems. I really wanted a chemical free garden, but I will give the chemicals a chance next year.  Below are more pics of my garden, hope you enjoy. God bless you for stopping by and keep gardening.

 

sunflower2 sunflower1 sunflower4 sunflower6 garden2 garden4

No comments:

Post a Comment